Saturday, 5 July 2014

The Beginning cont.

Now.. where was I?... Ah yes.. Apparition,personal revolution, and.. acting upon it.. yes.. I've got it!!

So.. I went to speak to my parents about it.. told them everything and told me to talk to my Parish Priest.. DUH!!!

I went to see Fr. Simon but he was busy, so I spoke to Fr. Augustine instead. He just told me to pray.. and look in to doing ministries.. etc..

I joined the RCIA ministry in 2013. I was a wonderful experience to meet new people and educate them about the faith.. I didn't think I made an impact of anything though but my table member I was a facilitator, His name is Sean, called me before the last session, he said it would mean a lot if I could come(I was busy preparing for a competition so I didn't come for the final month). It was at that moment it hit me.. I can connect with others.. People who are much older than me. I seeked knowledge and listened to my advice.

But again I let myself get caught up in life.. I just mixed things up.. jumping through space and time.. well anyways.. I joined RCIA.. let life get ahead of me.. I still prayed for my discernment ebt not frequent and at times I started planning other things.. I have such an amazing partner who I've been with for 3 years.. we fight but we always pull through.. and shes always supported me in everything I do.. even though I know sometimes it's killing her inside.. I LOVE YOU HALEY!!! XOXO  I haven't told her yet about this yet.. as this is a very very big decision for me and I sure as hell do not want to jump in/out of anything for no appropriate reason.. He will provide and show the way.. He always has.. So yeah I started planning things.. a life ahead with her.. and in the mean time I prayed occasionally..

Time passed and until recently I haven't done anything to cultivate or really resolve my vocational dilemma . but on 2 separate occasions.. set only 1-2weeks apart I received more signs.. clearer signs..

1st) Sunday Morning Mass few weeks back.. I normally go for the 6.45am mass and well lets just say I was in for a treat.. That very morning in church This lovely lady, she's a special needs individual, but really big hearted and kind.. handed me a bulletin. She has never done that ever but she did this time.. and when I turn the bulletin open I read something.. Vocational Discernment Retreat to be held on the 4th-5th of July..
I thought about it at first but decided not yet.. Let try out my studies and see where that takes me..

2nd) Final RCIA meeting. I met the Priest to be Deacon Anthony, He used to journey with the RCIA a few years back as a brother and he was quite close to my family. I he was about to be ordained as a Priest on the 6th of June.. I talked to him and I wished him well.. I apologized for not being able to come for his special day.. and he said this to me.. Not jokingly.. it was very serious in fact.. "Don't worry, I will be there for yours".

MINDFUCK!!!! how did he know?? My priest couldn't have told him.. What ever I discussed is P&C up till now..

So yeah.. after that I decided to sign up for the Retreat.. you never know right? I had nothing to lose so to speak..

The retreat was this weekend and well. It answered the question on "Does the Lord want me?" but opened new ones, such as "Do I want to accept this cup" "Am I capable of the sacrifice?" "Can I put the needs of others before mine"

So here we are now.. On the Journey of a lifetime.. And my special experience I would like to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment